The Journal on Best Teaching Practices is a peer reviewed electronic journal devoted to the discussion of K-12 teaching excellence and the training of pre-service teacher candidates. It is maintained by pre-service teacher candidates and faculty from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, in the department of Teacher Education.
Call for Papers. While this journal was created initially for students at UWRF we hope it will provide a valuable resource for many others. If you are interested in submitting a short paper for publication please follow these guidelines. Papers for inclusion in the Spring issue are due by March 1st of that year. Papers for inclusion in the Fall issue are due by October 1st of that year.
Content. Accepted for publication are papers on K-12 teaching that demonstrate scholarly excellence and illuminate a Best Teaching Practice. Papers in the Journal on BTP may be for any K-12 grade, be interdisciplinary or specific to one or a group of disciplines, and may address a general or specific audience.
Review Process. Manuscripts are reviewed first by teacher candidates enrolled in TED 120 or TED 155. All reviews are “blind,” that is, without identifying the author to the reviewers. Reviewers are encouraged to write comments for the authors. Editorial feedback and/or reviews are provided to authors for all manuscripts. Articles may be rejected or accepted outright, or accepted with a request for revision.
Format. Please prepare your manuscript according to APA format as described in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition.
- Include an abstract of 100 words or less. See pages 25-27 of the APA Manual for guidance on how to write a good abstract.
- Citations appear in a references section at the end of the manuscript. See pages 193-224 of the APA Manual for the formats for different types of reference material. Only and all sources cited appear in the references section.
- In the text, sources are cited by author(s) and date, and by page numbers for direct quotations. See pages 169-192 of the APA Manual for citation formats.
- Headings, if they are used, are not numbered. See pages 62-65 of the APA Manual for guidance concerning headings.
- The proper physical appearance of the manuscript is described on pages 41-59 of the APA Manual (Times New Roman, 12 point font, etc.) The one deviation from this is that the paper should be single spaced.
- The length for each white paper should be two single space pages (including references).